Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

Here are my resolves for the new year.

1. Spiritual
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)

I resolve to spend quality time with the Lord everyday.

2. Family
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. (NIV)

I resolve to be an encouragement to my husband.

3. Home
Titus 2:5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. (NIV)

I resolve to keep my home tidy.

4. Physical
1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. (NIV)

I resolve to exercise and lose some weight

5. Social
Romans 12:13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. (NIV)

I resolve to practice ministries of mercy.

6. Work
Proverbs 14:23 All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. (NIV)

I resolve to work harder.

7. Financial
Proverbs 3: 9-10 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. (NIV)

I resolve to give generously.

8. Wisdom
Proverbs 24:3-4 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. (NIV)

I resolve to watch less television and learn new things (playing the guitar, cooking, making soap, etc).

9. Recreation
Ecclesiastes 8:15 So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun. (NIV)

I resolve to be more organized, so I have more time to have fun.

43things is a neat website to keep up with all of your goals. It shows you how many other people are interested in what you are, and links you to people who have completed goals for advice.

No comments: